When to use Airbug?
The use of biological pest control methods can be time consuming during the production of many ornamental and tree nursery crops. The Airbug now offers you a labour-saving solution.
The Airbug hand-held blower distributes predatory mites quickly and evenly. This uniform distribution leads to an effective biological pest control, because the mites reach the pest faster. Several kinds of predatory mites can be released during a single session.
How it works
How does Airbug work?
The Airbug’s special fan in combination with the revolving dosage pot ensures a uniform release of carrier material containing natural enemies.The airflow from the fan guarantees the even distribution of this material up to a distance of at least 3 meters from the Airbug. Because of its unique design, the natural enemies suffer no damage due to the use of the blower. Last but not least, mixtures of various natural enemies can be released during one single session.
The Airbug consists of the following items:
- Blowing device + extendable stick
- Belt with holder for carrying handle
- Extension handle to adjust working height
- Batteries (12V) with charger
- Belt bag for the battery
- Adjustable dosing pot + mix pot
- Ear protector + mask
Directions for use
This product is only available in combination with Koppert products.
Please contact your local consultant for more information.
Instructions for usage:
- Put the battery in the belt bag and fasten the case around the waist.
- Connect the blower’s cable to the battery.
- Attach the extendable stick onto the Airbug.
- Connect the cable of the Airbug with the battery and place the Airbug onto the belt.
- Empty the required number of bottles containing the predators to be applied to the crop (one or more types of predators) in the mixing pot and close the lid.
- Carefully but thoroughly mix the contents by gently rotating and shaking the pot.
- Empty the mixture into the dosage pot above the crop.
- Attach the dosage pot to the blower’s revolving head.
- Turn on the switch of the Airbug to start releasing the content of the pot.
Best working conditions Airbug
The Airbug can only be used when it is possible to walk among the crop.
Store the Airbug and accessories in a dry and dust-free area. The Airbug can be stored in the supplied case. Always store the batteries in the chargers when not in use.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."