When to use the Carrot Fly Trap?
There are normally two generations of Carrot fly a year. The first generation appears
late April/early May and the second towards late July/August (this may differ per country). Carrot Fly traps should be in position just prior to these times and throughout these months. The traps will help to monitor Carrot fly populations and reduce the number of egg laying adults by catching
them on specially coloured sticky traps.
How it works
How does Carrot fly trapping system work?
The sticky traps are coated with an insect trapping adhesive on one side. The adhesive makes sure that the pest insects stick to the trap.
Pack of 2 sticky cards, 1 field pole (2 interlocking sections), 1 securing clip, 1 fixing Carrot fly trapping system clip.
Directions for use
Application Carrot fly trap
Instruction for usage:
- Put out yellow sticky traps in April.
- In fields, set up traps across the field from the headland to monitor carrot fly dispersal into the field.
- A day degree model can be used to monitor 1st & 2nd generation development and egg lay (UK only).
- Place adjacent to previous year crops in hedgerow / weedy headlands.
- Hang one sticky trap onto the spring using the holes (sticky side down) and secure this to the pole at an angle of 45° with the use of the fixing clip.
- The trap should be placed at a height just above the height of the crop, the trap can be raised by sliding the spring up the pole as the crop grows.
- Replace the traps as required once Carrot root fly is observed.
3-4 traps to be positioned at 45 degrees’ angle - positioned in headlands – 2-3 rows in from the edge of field
Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."