6 Reasons to Switch - The Benefits of IPM
Chemical plant protection was the standard for many years. But these days, Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is gaining ground. IPM helps keep diseases and pests under control, with minimal impact on people and the environment.
IPM combines the use of natural enemies with minimal use of chemicals. Biological, if possible, chemical if necessary.
It is a flexible system that can always be adapted to new circumstances. Here is a summary of the major reasons and benefits for the switch from chemicals to IPM:
- Many chemical products are not good for the environment and are therefore far from sustainable.
- The effect of chemical plant protection is decreasing, with more and more diseases and pests becoming resistant to these products.
- Large retail customers accept less and less residue on products. Internationally, their requirements often go beyond the legal regulations.
- IPM products are harmless to water, air, and soil. The environmentally friendly cultivation method is an important promotional tool and sales argument.
- You will remain a valued supplier to customers if you are able to grow a healthy crop without being heavily dependent on chemicals.
- IPM is safer for employees.