Trianum-P protects plants against a range of soil-borne root diseases through several different modes of action. It also improves root system development, nutrient uptake and plant growth.
Trianum-P can be used in most crops.
How it works
Mode of action
The mode of action of Trianum-P is based on the following mechanisms:
Competition for space
Trianum-P grows faster on the surface of the root than other soil-borne fungi. Other fungi get less chance to establish on the roots.
Competition for nutrients
Trianum-P takes away the source of nutrients that the pathogens need. The pathogens therefore have less chance to develop.
Parasitism of pathogens
Trianum-P grows around the mycelia of the pathogens. The cell walls of the pathogens break down and the pathogens die.
Strengthening of the plant
Trianum-P improves the root system through the formation of more root hairs, so that water and nutrients can be taken up better. This leads to a stronger and more uniform crop and better yields. This effect is stronger when the plant is under stress and/or cultivated under less than optimum growing conditions. Trianum also reinforces the defence mechanism of the parts of the plant above ground, the so-called induced systemic resistance (ISR). Trianum-P has the capacity to make certain 'fixed' nutrients such as manganese and iron available for the plant to take up.
|Pack size||500 gram and 5 kg bags with a cardboard outer casing.|
|Formulation||Water dispersible granules (WG).|
|Concentration||1x10⁹ cfu (viable Trichoderma harzianum T-22 spores)/gram.|
Directions for use
- Add 1 volume of Trianum-P to 5 volumes of water in a bucket
- Mix thoroughly
- Add the suspension to the required amount of water to obtain the final spray, drip or drench solution
- Agitate continuously to maintain a homogeneous distribution of spores
- Apply on the day of preparing the solution, since spore quality will decrease within a few hours
Trianum-P can be applied via drench, drip-irrigation systems or by spraying onto the growing medium at the time of sowing. Apply Trianum-P as early as possible to the crop for optimal effect.
Application via drench or spray:
- Trianum-P can be applied with any spraying or drenching equipment
- After application clean the equipment by flushing thoroughly with water
- Use sufficient solution to guarantee good penetration of the growing medium or the soil, but avoid run-off and excess drainage
Application via drip irrigation:
- Spores in Trianum-P should reach the roots quickly. Inject Trianum-P after the sand filter and make sure that drip irrigation filters are clean (spores can attach themselves to organic material in filters)
- To increase spore attachment to the roots, avoid run-off and excess drainage the first two days after application of the product. Trianum-P is not a systemic product and is therefore not taken up by the plant
- Do not use disinfectants in drip irrigation systems from at least one day before until two days after the application of Trianum-P
- The dosage of Trianum-P depends on the crop and should always be adjusted to the particular situation. Check the label to find the recommended dosage for each crop and situation
- Application rates typically range from 1-5 kg/ha or 15-30 gram/1000 plants
- Consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advice on the best strategy for your situation
Start application preventively at sowing or soon after planting of the crop.
Trianum-P performs well under different environmental conditions. Trichoderma harzianum T-22 grows in a wide temperature range (10-34°C/50-93°F), at a pH between 4 and 8, in many types of growing media.
Pesticides can have (in)direct effects on biological solutions. Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product.
Storage time after receipt
See package for expiry date.
Keep away from direct sunlight.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Always comply with the conditions specified in local product registrations. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."