When to use Aphidend?
Use Aphidend for biological pest control of a wide range of aphid species, especially if aphid colonies appear.
How it works
How does Aphidend work?
Aphid colonies disperse a smell of honeydew that attracts adult gall-midges. They deposit their eggs in these colonies, providing an immediate food source for the larvae. Upon hatching, the larvae paralyze and then consume the aphids.
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.
|Aphidend||preventive||light curative||heavy curative|
|Remarks||-||Use the 500 ml bottle||Use the 500 ml bottle|
Directions for use
- Open the bottle of Aphidend in the greenhouse
- Place the bottle directly on the soil or hang it in between the plants by using a Biotag to keep it out of reach of ants
- Do not scatter the contents!
- Once hatched, the gall-midges will leave the bottle and spread
- One bottle of Aphidend has a range of approximately 3,000 m2. The 500 ml bottle introduces at least three gall-midges per m2.
- Use the peel-off label to mark where the product has been introduced
Best working conditions Aphidend
Apply Aphidend in an environment with a high relative humidity to reach the best results. As gall-midges are active at night, it is crucial to keep the night temperature above 12°C/61°F, to ensure optimal conditions for oviposition.
Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Aphidend, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored longer and/or under different conditions than recommended.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 10-15°C/50-59°F
- In the dark
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."