Use the Picusan trap for monitoring and trapping red palm weevil in combination with species-specific pheromone and/or kairomone.
Red palm weevil (Rhynchophorus ferrugineus).
Date palms and ornamental palms.
How it works
Mode of action
The Picusan trap needs to be used in combination with species-specific pheromone and/or kairomone. The dispensers release a species-specific pheromone/kairomone which lures the male and female weevils into the trap. Once in the trap, they cannot escape and are easy to detect, count and identify. This effectively reduces the reproductive potential of the population.
Ten sets in a box.
Directions for use
- When using the pheromone: Place the pheromone dispenser in the top basket of the trap
- When using the kairomone: Place the kairomone in the white bucket of the trap
- Pheromone and kairomone can be used simultaneously
- Place Picusan traps on the ground at least 5 metres away from the palm trees
- Replace the pheromones and/or kairomones at least every 3 months
- For monitoring: 6 traps per hectare (2 in the centre of the field spaced at 25 metres and 4 at the borders of the field spaced at 100 metres)
- For protective pull strategy safety belt: Install 12-16 traps per hectare along the perimeter of the field with a distance of 25 metres between traps
Use in combination with Pherosan Rhynchophorus ferrugineus pheromone and/or kairomone.
Store out of sunlight.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Always comply with the conditions specified in local product registrations. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."